ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tdpsql.cfg

2008-03-06 17:58:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tdpsql.cfg
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 14:57:21 -0800
> You probably already saw this, but just in case...

Nope, missed it completely actually.

Since I have a few more questions might as well keep going. In a cluster
environment it looks like the software is installed on a local disk.
With an active/active cluster, and not really being concerned which
instance is on which node, it seems to indicate that there needs to be
multiple dsm.opt files. But what about this tdpsql.cfg? There seems to
be entries in there that would need modification depending on which
instance on a node. Am I mistaken there?

By the way, in that sample file SQLSERVer is indicated by only a . so
the question is if this is a cluster what that might need to be and what
if a cluster fails to this node? I'm digging around the manuals as best
I can but it sure would be nice to see a document that has a better
layout of steps that need to be performed on each node in the cluster.
Is there one? I'm trying to test in a cluster environment now so I want
to make sure how these files are laid out in this environment and also
an active/passive setup.

Thanks for the help so far.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator