ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] C Set++ runtime -> TSM client for AIX

2008-03-06 07:10:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] C Set++ runtime -> TSM client for AIX
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 07:09:06 -0500
On Mar 6, 2008, at 4:55 AM, Wira Chinwong wrote:

Need help,
    I have installed the TSM 5.4 on AIX and it need the new C runtime
(5.0) also. I cannot using the new C runtime because I have the old
one
for my application team. I try to upgrade to a new version but the in
house application program cannot run. Who know that, do we can use
more
than on C runtime on the same AIX box.

Fooling around with C runtime libraries is a Bad Idea; and hanging on
to a downlevel C library can leave you exposed to security problems
over time.  Your site management should either get that in-house
application brought up to modern levels, or consider running in LPAR
mode to isolate that hobbled application.  I will presume that you
went to the 5.4 client level because it was essential, as opposed to
staying at a lower level.

   Richard Sims