ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] W2003 VSS backup error

2008-03-03 14:06:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] W2003 VSS backup error
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:05:36 -0700
Did you also apply the recommended hotfixes? The IBM end of the fix only
retries the operation (which seems to be working, based on what you've
reported).

In the Windows client requirements page, we have added the following,
based on recommendations made to us by Microsoft:

-------------------------------
NOTE: On Windows 2003, if you plan to back up System State or use the Open
File Support feature with the VSS snapshot provider, you must install
Microsoft hotfix roll-up packages 934016 (for COM+) and 940349 (for VSS).
These can be found at Microsoft's support page
http://support.microsoft.com.
-------------------------------

These packages would supersede what is stated in the APAR. I strongly
recommend getting these on.

The reason for installing the hotfixes is because they fix a lot of
problems encountered when trying to back up system state.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2008-03-03
11:48:11: