ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server 5.3.3.0->5.4.1.1...no problem?

2008-02-27 16:43:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server 5.3.3.0->5.4.1.1...no problem?
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:41:35 -0600
I've gone from 5.3.4 up to 5.4.1 and then up to 5.5.0 without issues.
I've also gone from 5.3.4 straight up to 5.5.0 without issues.

I also went to the latest Atape and atldd at the same time.
      Atape.10.7.3.0.bin
      atldd.6.5.5.0.bin

The installp commands associated with the Atape & atldd work fine.
TSM server upgrades, I utilized smitty which worked perfect as always.

So far I've not encountered any issues with my first 2 systems which have
daily traffic loads of 6 TB's peak & 3 TB's average and 2.5 TB's peak & 1.5
TB's average and hold 110 TB's and 60 TB's (auditocc)
(All my tsm clients send their data already compressed)

Dwight E. Cook
Systems Management Integration Professional, Advanced
Integrated Storage Management
TSM Administration
(405) 253-4397
(877) 625-4186
T/L 349-4361

Anker Lerret <ADSM-L AT LERRET DOT US>
02/27/2008 02:50 PM
Please respond to

      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
      cc

      Subject
      TSM server 5.3.3.0->5.4.1.1...no problem?

We're about to upgrade from TSM server 5.3.3.0 to 5.4.1.1 on 2 TSM
servers.  I've read through the upgrade procedure.  It looks simple
enough.  We're already running 5.4.1.1 on another TSM server with no
problems, so I'm not too concerned about that.  I've looked through the
listserv archives and no-one seems to have had major problems with this
upgrade.  My problem?  I just found out that our TSM guru will be on
vacation, so I'll be on my own.  This will be my first TSM upgrade (though
I'm quite familiar with AIX upgrades).  Should I worry?  Should I
reschedule the upgrade?  Have I missed anything?

My motto: What could POSSIBLY go wrong?
anker

Our configuration:

9117-550 with 2 LPARSs, each running an instance of TSM server
AIX 5.3, 5300-07-01-0748
ACSLS 7.1.0
Gresham EDT 8.0.0.0
STK SL8500 library with 14 T10K encrypted drives
700 TSM clients
just over a petabyte of data in the library (total of QUERY AUDITOCC)