ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] W2003 backup hangs

2008-02-21 11:38:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] W2003 backup hangs
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:37:45 -0700
This sounds like a comm issue with Microsoft's Scalable Network Pack. You
can try searching their support side "Scalable Network Pack", and as a
starting point, have a look at kb article 936594
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936594/en-us).

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2008-02-21
09:16:27:

> I have a W2003 R2 Std. ED.- SP2 server.  This server went live about 3
months
> ago.  Had TSM 5.2.x client on it.  (Server had been around a  while
> before it went live.)
> Started backup and went fine for a month, then one night it just hung.
>
> I upgraded client to 5.3.4.0 and a month later same thing.  Then in
> last 2-3 weeks
> has happened about once a week.  TSM Server is 5.3.4.0 on AIX.  There
are
> NO errors or other messages anywhere when this happens, not in dsmerror,
sched
> or Windows Event Viewer. None on TSM server.  Doesn't stop at same place
each
> time.  Last entry is last file backed up in dsmsched.log.  The  C
> and D drive have
> plenty of free space.  Client and TSM Server have Gigabit Ethernet
> and yes it is
> running at that speed.
>
> Have hundreds of Windows clients, never seen this, generally get some
kind
> of error or message somewhere.  NO other problems on this client -
Application