ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Trying to add a 3494

2008-02-19 12:59:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] Trying to add a 3494
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:48:23 PST
We have just installed four TS1120 drives in our existing 3494. Up until
now the 3494 has been z/OS only and we're having difficulty getting our
Solaris TSM server to see the library manager.  Server level is 5.4.1

When I try and 'DEFINE PATH' to the library I receive the following
message:

ANR8444E Internal Operation: Library ROBOKY is currently unavailable

In the IBMATL log we see:

830: Connecting to library at 10.10.0.46
792: libmgr01 library locked
125: Query3494 failed: Library Offline To Host

IBMATL.conf:  libmgr01       10.10.0.46     roboky
Define path:  DEFINE PATH gw_backup_server ROBOKY SRCTYPE=SERVER DESTTYPE=
              LIBRARY DEVICE=libmgr01 ONLINE=YES AUTODETECT=NO

We believe we need to define a LAN host to the Library Manager, but when
we attempt to do an "Add LAN Host" at the library manager operator
panel, we are not given the opportunity to add anything and just get
back a window saying:

"The add LAN host to library operation failed"

Where are we going wrong here?

Thanks
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.