ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Lan Free Backup Problem

2008-02-18 03:51:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Lan Free Backup Problem
From: Jeff White <Jeff.White AT WOOLWORTHS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:50:00 -0000
Richard

Thank you for the reply.

Our only way out was to kill the TSM StorageAgent process and restart
it. Lanfree backups then continued as normal. For some of the messages
and message text, there were a number of identical hits on the IBM
support site saying that this had happened in TSM v5.2.2 (our version)
and were fixed in a v5.3 release. All of our other TSM servers are >5.4,
but trying to upgrade this one is a nightmare. The StorageAgent and main
TSM have been running since September 2006. It's a very high
availability Oracle application, and the business/IT management won't
allow us to take it down to upgrade. I've pointed out that we are down
level and unsupported, but it does'nt help.

They now want us to move the backups to a new library (TS3500), so i
guess we'll have to force the issue at some stage soon.

Again, thanks for the help