ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up PST files

2008-02-14 14:04:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up PST files
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:02:45 -0500
At 12:33 PM 2/14/2008, Del Hoobler wrote:
The earlier description on subfile backup is not correct.

Thanks Del, Andy, Bill..  I thought I recalled something about this from
one of the technical sessions I attended at SHARE or one of the Oxford
Symposiums.  What you said matches what I had originally thought.

All of this confirms the fact that subfile backup doesn't work for
files >2GB, which leaves me with my problem of how to manage and backup PST
files, when they can (and will) grow >2GB.  Bill, thanks for your comments
on this.  I'll pursue ez-extract and try to figure out how it would work in
our environment.

If anyone else has any ideas on how our users can keep their PST files
below 2GB, or how effectively subfile backup works with <2GB PST files, I'd
appreciate hearing of them. Thanks.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521