ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM dream setup

2008-02-13 18:42:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM dream setup
From: "Gee, Norman" <Norman.Gee AT LC.CA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:42:14 -0800
I have both technology.  I was using both 3590 and 3592 in a 3494
library and have since move to a 3584 library with 3592 and LTO4.
Performance wise the LTO4 are a screamer in backup while the 3592
definitely are more rugged.  800 GB does not sound like a lot of data
per night.

IBM just announce their rack mount libraries with LTO4 drive
capabilities.

We are talking about 800 GB per tape vs. 60 GB possible with extended
length 3590-H1A models

Of
> Johnny Lea
> Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:38 AM
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM dream setup
>

> I'm looking for some ideas for upgrading/replacing my tsm servers and
> libraries.  I backup about 800GB per night and have about 250 client
> nodes. I have a 7 year old Sun server connected to an IBM 3494 with
six
> 3590 drives and a Dell 6800 with 22TB of disc connected to a LTO3
> library. I've thought about replacing the 3590 drives with 3592 but
I'm