ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Archive ESX virtual machines

2008-02-13 10:11:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Archive ESX virtual machines
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:06:35 -0600
Yes, they are, however with version three of VMWare there's a different
way to backup the machines that's supposedly much faster.  That was the
part I forgot in my earlier post as I was in a 2.5.2 frame of mind.  You
backup through the VCB interface.  You can even do file level backups of
all your clients through a proxy, supposedly, with TSM 5.5.  I haven't
tried it yet.

See Ya'
Howard