ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] migrateing .9TB of data

2008-02-07 18:54:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] migrateing .9TB of data
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:54:20 -0500
Yep, assuming your target TSM server has a compatible drive.

EXPORT NODE blah  "look up the applicable parameters" devclass=tapedevclass

Will take the .9 TB of data backed up to TSM and put it in a portable format
on n tapes.
You then enter an IMPORT NODE command to load it into the DB and storage
pools of your target server.

How long that takes on the target server depends on how many objects have to
be created, the speed of the drives and storage pool media, etc.  And then
you've still got to do the RESTORE to your target server, one filesystem at
a time.  So the practicality sort of depends on what "too long" means...