ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM DR restore query

2008-02-04 14:10:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM DR restore query
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:09:54 -0500
On Feb 4, 2008, at 12:32 PM, Neil Sharp wrote:

Thanks Charles for responding

The majority of the restore time is spent in formatting the DB and
logs.

This gets back to the site decisions made as to the platform choice
for the TSM server, when management makes an informed choice as to
which to buy based upon all factors.  A platform which allows the use
of raw logical volumes, such as AIX, completely eliminates the need
for such formatting and allows disaster recovery to be immediately
initiated.  This can make an immense difference to a business's
recover time.  We as technicians have to live with the choices made
by others, but at a minimum we can point out the consequences of a
given platform choice.

   Richard Sims