ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM TDP for Exchnage issue today!

2008-02-02 07:34:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM TDP for Exchnage issue today!
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 07:34:13 -0500
There are a number of things that can occur where the
Exchange Server forces the next backup to be a FULL backup.
The Exchange Server has determined that a database structure
change has occurred that was not logged in the transaction log
or that can not be replayed just by using the transactions
in the transaction log. Therefore, the Exchange Server
will cause any attempt of an incremental or differential
backup to fail, since those backup types only back up
the transaction logs. You can look for hints on what caused
this by looking in the Event Log for anything related to
the Exchange server after the last successful
incremental or differential backup.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/01/2008
06:39:42 AM: