ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Issue with archive -archmc=...... command line

2008-01-30 08:36:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Issue with archive -archmc=...... command line
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:32:24 -0600
Without looking at the help for the command line to even see if this is
valid for archive, the first thing that comes to mind is "-sub=yes", or
change the command line to:
archive -archmc=backup_monthly "/.../*"  (not sure if that would work
either without testing it)  Of course its my understanding that with
archive there are some other options that need to be, or should be set,
but again I don't have a command shell open at the moment so I'm having
to go on very rusty memory.

However, I've found that this kind of thing is easier to manage if you
setup different client nodes in TSM for this same box.  Its just a
personal thing, and comes from older versions of TSM.  But, what I do is
setup a "AIX-MONTHLY" domain, with all the associated setups underneath
and have a node called "servername-monthly". There have been some things
that just don't bind to any other management class but the default (Like
directories) in previous versions, and this was the way around that.

See Ya'
Howard