ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL question

2008-01-22 23:55:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL question
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:54:12 +1100
OK - I have done this and it is working as far as backing up the SQL
database goes.

Now what do I do if I need to restore from this new node name back onto
the client?

Do I need to do anything with the dsm.opt and dsmarch.opt files before
starting the restore?

Regards
Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator
ANL IT Operations Dept.
ANL Container Line
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au
03-9257-0603
http://www.anl.com.au

SQL
> > database via TDP for SQL, then I should create a separate node name
in
> > TSM (such as "SQL_Archive") and then backup using that node name
once
> > month (for example) and make sure to bind those backups to a
management
> > class that has the long term settings that meet our requirements.
> >
> > What else is involved in setting this up? On the client do I have to
> > create another dsm.opt file with the new node name to match what I
set
> > up on the TSM server?
> >
> > Regards
> > Paul Dudley

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.