ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 2nd TSM Instance Question

2008-01-22 10:13:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 2nd TSM Instance Question
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:13:19 -0500
Could I ask a variation of this question?

What about the case where server 'S' at the local (to me) data center
is the source server, and server 'T' at a distant data center is the
target server for server-to-server backups from the local data
center; while server 'T' at the distant data center is the source
server, and server 'S' at the local data center is the target server
for server-to-server backups from the distant data center?  There
will be a TS3500 (3584) ATL with ALMS at each data center.

In this case, would the management be easier or harder with two TSM
server instances on both physical servers?  One for the source
functions and the other for the target functions.

With my thanks,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University