ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NetWare Client full backups running when incremental is selected

2008-01-17 10:27:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] NetWare Client full backups running when incremental is selected
From: "Kevin P. Kinder" <Kevin.P.Kinder AT WV DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:25:10 -0500
Server:  TSM running on z/OS 1.7

             Just upgraded to 5.5

My NetWare clients are now running full backups instead of the
incrementals which are specified. It looks as if every Netware server
that I have is doing this. Obviously, this is killing my disk and tape
storage space. This is happening on client versions from 5.2-5.4

I upgraded one client to 5.5 and tried it again - still doing the full
backup.

I found APAR  IC36892 detailing the NWIGNORECOMPRESS bit, and tried that
in the DSM.OPT of the 5.5 client. Again, it still did not help.

Anyone run into this (doubtful, as I appear to be the last person
running TSM on z/OS) or have any pointers in the right direction?

Kevin Kinder