ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows client failing with RC=12 ANS5250E & ANS1468E errors

2008-01-16 13:55:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows client failing with RC=12 ANS5250E & ANS1468E errors
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:54:38 -0500
Matthew Thanks!

I don't think this is the issue with what is causing our errors, I will
look into this  further however.

Matthew Warren wrote:
I found this;

|                                                                          |
|                                                                          |
|                                                                          |
|                                                                          |
|                                                                          |
|                                                                          |
|                                                                          |
|                                                                          |
|    The error VSS_E_PROVIDER_VETO appears if the file being copied is on  |
|    a FAT32 partition and either there is no NTFS partition on an         |
|    internal drive or that NTFS partition has less than 100MB of free     |
|    disk space.                                                           |
|    Open and locked files can be copied from FAT32 partitions only if     |
|    there is also an NTFS partition on an internal drive (it cannot be an |
|    external drive) and this internal drive has enough free disk space.   |
|                                                                          |
|                                                                          |
|                                                                          |

does it fit your situation?

           Internet
           Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US

           Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                  cc

           16/01/2008 16:44
                                      Subject
                                                 [ADSM-L] Windows client failing
with RC=12 ANS5250E & ANS1468E errors

                 Please respond to
                ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hello all,

We have a client that has been failing with the following errors. Has
anyone had a issue of this
type before?

ANS1228E Sending of object '\\milo06\c$\Program Files\Artisoft\WinBEEP
32\Server Data\Fountain.pst' failed
ANS4007E Error processing '\\milo06\c$\Program Files\Artisoft\WinBEEP
32\Server Data\Fountain.pst': access to the object is denied
00:30:28 ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
   TSM function name : VssRequestor::QueryStatus
   TSM function      : pAsync->QueryStatus() for caller
'CreateSnapshotSet()' returned VSS_E_PROVIDER_VETO
   TSM return code   : -1
   TSM file          : vssreq.cpp (8270)
00:30:28 ANS1999E Incremental processing of '\\milo06\e$' stopped.
00:30:28 ANS1999E Incremental processing of '\\milo0606\c$' stopped.
00:30:28 ANS1950E Backup using Microsoft volume shadow copy failed.
00:30:32 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'MIDNIGHT' failed.  Return code = 12.
ANS1228E Sending of object 'C:' failed
ANS1468E Backing up Automated System Recovery (ASR) files failed.  No
files will be backed up.

01:07:51 ANS1902E The PRESCHEDULECMD command failed. The scheduled event
will not be executed.
01:07:51 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'MIDNIGHT' failed.  Return code = 12.
10:27 ANS1228E Sending of object '\\milo06\c$\Program
Files\Artisoft\WinBEEP 32\Server Data\Fountain.pst' failed
00:10:27 ANS4007E Error processing '\\milo06\c$\Program
Files\Artisoft\WinBEEP 32\Server Data\Fountain.pst': access to the
object is denied
00:30:24 ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
   TSM function name : VssRequestor::QueryStatus
   TSM function      : pAsync->QueryStatus() for caller
'CreateSnapshotSet()' returned VSS_E_PROVIDER_VETO
   TSM return code   : -1
   TSM file          : vssreq.cpp (8270)
00:30:24 ANS1802E Incremental backup of '\\milo06\c$' finished with 1
failure
00:30:24 ANS1802E Incremental backup of '\\milo06\c$' finished with 1
failure
00:30:24 ANS1950E Backup using Microsoft volume shadow copy failed.
00:30:28 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'MIDNIGHT' failed.  Return code = 12.
00:27:51 ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
   TSM function name : VssRequestor::QueryStatus
   TSM function      : pAsync->QueryStatus() for caller
'CreateSnapshotSet()' returned VSS_E_PROVIDER_VETO
   TSM return code   : -1
   TSM file          : vssreq.cpp (8270)
00:27:51 ANS1950E Backup using Microsoft volume shadow copy failed.
00:27:56 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'MIDNIGHT' failed.  Return code = 12.
01:07:53 ANS1228E Sending of object 'C:' failed
01:07:53 ANS1468E Backing up Automated System Recovery (ASR) files
failed.  No files will be backed up.
01:07:54 ANS1902E The PRESCHEDULECMD command failed. The scheduled event
will not be executed.
01:07:54 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'MIDNIGHT' failed.  Return code = 12.
01:07:45 ANS1228E Sending of object 'C:' failed
01:07:45 ANS1468E Backing up Automated System Recovery (ASR) files
failed.  No files will be backed up.
01:07:46 ANS1902E The PRESCHEDULECMD command failed. The scheduled event
will not be executed.
01:07:46 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'MIDNIGHT' failed.  Return code = 12.
01:34:54 ANS1228E Sending of object 'C:' failed
01:34:54 ANS1468E Backing up Automated System Recovery (ASR) files
failed.  No files will be backed up.
01:34:55 ANS1902E The PRESCHEDULECMD command failed. The scheduled event
will not be executed.
01:34:55 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'MIDNIGHT' failed.  Return code = 12.

Thanks for any help in Advance!

Windows Client Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
TSM Client 5.3.4.0
TSM Server 5.3.3.4
AIX 5.3

Do not print this message unless it is necessary,
consider the environment.

N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire,
pensez a l'environnement.