ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Spanking my data.

2008-01-15 14:34:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Spanking my data.
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:25:25 -0700
Spanking is a good description.

Turns out the TSM will let you do all of that simultaneously to the
extent possible. Now, in some cases the nature of what you suggests
implies that certain things have to wait.  For instance, I can't have
one tape allocated to two processes (though, in some cases in 5.5 you
can).

So basically processes will stack up behind one another waiting for
access to volumes.

You are, however, advised to do all of these things with some sanity.
Most folks create scripts that they then schedule to do these things in
a reasonable order to take into consideration the various resources
required to perform the tasks.  We call this daily processing and again,
sanity is the watch word.  Do things in the proper order using the
resources effectively and the work gets done more quickly...

Kelly Lipp
CTO
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive