ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Missing File Query

2008-01-03 21:20:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Missing File Query
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 21:20:25 -0500
On Jan 3, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Bell, Charles (Chip) wrote:

Is there a SQL select that I can run from the server side, dumping
the output
to a file I can parse? I tried a query from the client side, and
apparently
the client machine does not have enough memory to handle this: 'dsmc
query
backup -inactive /opt/emageon/archive/dicom/* > filerestore.txt'

Chip -

A search like this is best conducted from the client side, as it is
less painful there, and will yield attributes which cannot be obtained
from a server Select.  And, your users should learn how to do simple
things regarding their data, rather than take up the server
administrator's time.

I have no information on your client query problem, but make sure that
you unlimit your Unix Resource Limits (as in cshell 'unlimit'
command), and make sure that the current directory is not near quota
limit.  Then, as the data owner or root, perform 'dsmc query backup -
inactive -subdir=yes /opt/emageon/archive/dicom/ > query-output'.  If
any part of the path structure is owned by other than the user, it is
best to have the client root perform the query.  If 'dsmc query
filespace' reveals multiple filespaces with a common stem, enclose the
filespace portion in braces to eliminate ambiguity for TSM.  If you
run into problems, please post details.

   Richard Sims