ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM locked me out!!!!

2008-01-03 11:11:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM locked me out!!!!
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:04:53 -0500
On Jan 3, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM wrote:

Hi Richard!
Thank you very much for your reply!
I checked the technote an it suggests issuing the accept date and
enable
sess commands, but how can one issue these commands when one cannot
get
in?

Where client admin sessions are not possible, the TSM server needs to
be invoked in the foreground for interaction to be possible.  When
starting the server in remedial mode, consider setting server options
DISABLESCheds Yes and NOMIGRRECL, and possibly changing the TCPPort
value to eliminate extraneous activity while the intervention is in
progress.

Of course, I would first thoroughly investigate and treat the
inciting condition - why the system date/time jumped - in that it
could well happen again if its cause is not addressed.

I will use the standard kill for the other servers, but I remember
that
it does not always kill the server...

That can indeed be the case at times.  See entry "HALT" in http://
people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts for some other signals.  In
general, use SIGKILL only as a last resort.

   Richard Sims