ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Suggestion for Archive?

2008-01-03 07:08:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Suggestion for Archive?
From: Lloyd Dieter <ldieter AT ROCHESTER.RR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 07:08:37 -0500
Christian,

This sounds like an excellent use for backupsets, or else possibly periodic
exports.

Other sites have a second instance of TSM that is used for periodic large
backups and long-term retention requirements.

I generally discourage archives for large amounts of data, due to the DB
entries that are created, as well as the amount of time required to create
those archives.  The only sites that I have with "out of control" database
growth are attempting to do what you describe.

-Lloyd