ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Setting up TDP for SQL archive db backup

2008-01-02 19:30:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Setting up TDP for SQL archive db backup
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:14:42 +1100
I am trying to set up a secondary TDP for SQL db backup command on a
client to use as an archive backup.

I have set up a second client node on the TSM server.

I have created a second dsm.opt file called dsmarch.opt which has the
second client node name in it.

I have set up a scheduled job on the client which has the "tdpsqlc
backup dbmane full" command with the "/tsmoptfile=" parameter set to the
new opt file which is called dsmarch.opt.

When it runs the following messages are written to the log file:

Starting SQL database backup...

ACO5091E PASSWORDACCESS is Generate. Either the stored password

is incorrect or there is no stored password. If you do

not have a stored password, use the -TSMPassword=xxx option

to set and store your password.

Total SQL backups selected:               1

Total SQL backups attempted:              0

Total SQL backups completed:              0

Total SQL backups excluded:               0

Total SQL backups inactivated:            0

Throughput rate:                          0.00 Kb/Sec

Total bytes transferred:                  0

Elapsed processing time:                  0.00 Secs

ANS1025E (RC137)  Session rejected: Authentication failure

Any idea what my next step should be? If I run a "tdpsqlc query tsm"
command with the /TSMPassword=password option to try and set the
password how do I tell it that I am doing this for the second client I
have set up?

Regards

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator

ANL IT Operations Dept.

ANL Container Line

pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.