ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Server-Server Communication and remote vault

2007-12-24 11:06:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Server-Server Communication and remote vault
From: Orville Lantto <orville.lantto AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:05:56 -0600
If your link is truly 1 MByte/sec, this transfer will take over four days.  If
1 Mbit/sec, it will take over one month.  Plus, there is a good chance that the
data will have at least one error in it, requiring an equally lengthy
"Reconcile" process.

If this is a one time situation, and you have the time, you can probably make
this work.  Sending tapes is probably a better and more sure option.

Orville L. Lantto