ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] VCB Integration, specifically how to do incrementals

2007-12-18 14:46:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] VCB Integration, specifically how to do incrementals
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:45:22 -0500
I'm working on integrating TSM into VMWare's VI3 VCB, and I'm running
into a minor glitch.

I'm thinking about doing a weekly full VCB snap, and using TSM to
archive these - this works no problem.

I want also to do a daily file-level VCB snap, and perform a TSM
incremental on the mounted filesystem.

The problem I'm having is that my script isn't going to know what
volumes are on each vm, and because VCB uses ntfs mount points, I have
to explicitly identify each one in my incremental backup command.

Anyone have a good way of finding and parsing a list of mount points
within a windows .cmd batch script?

Thanks,

Steve Schaub

Systems Engineer, Windows

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

423-535-6574 (desk)

423-785-7347 (mobile)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm