ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANS1009W DRM error and "recommended fix"

2007-12-11 09:44:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANS1009W DRM error and "recommended fix"
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:43:44 -0700
An earlier revision of this document actually had you manually add the
extra x'0000' value, but it turns out to be unnecessary. The document has
since been revised with the simpler steps you cite below. When you click
"OK", Regedit automatically corrects the value so that it is properly
terminated.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/11/2007
07:32:11 AM:

> This is mostly for Andy but any help is appreciated....
>
> We are having the "ANS1009W DRM FilesNotToBackup RC 13" error described
in
> the document:
>
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21243837
>

> Unfortunately, some of the recommendations make absolute no sense to me
or
> my Windows experts.
>
> HOW TO REPAIR THE REGISTRY KEY - METHOD 1
> 1. From the Windows desktop, click Start-->Run... In the Run dialog,
type
> regedit, then click OK. This will launch the registry editor.
>
> 2. Navigate to the following registry subkey:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
> SYSTEM\
> CurrentControlSet\
> Control\
> BackupRestore\
> FilesNotToBackup
>
> 3. In the right-hand pane of the registry editor, locate DRM.
Right-click