ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANS1009W DRM error and "recommended fix"

2007-12-11 09:32:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANS1009W DRM error and "recommended fix"
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:32:11 -0500
This is mostly for Andy but any help is appreciated....

We are having the "ANS1009W DRM FilesNotToBackup RC 13" error described in
the document:

Unfortunately, some of the recommendations make absolute no sense to me or
my Windows experts.

HOW TO REPAIR THE REGISTRY KEY - METHOD 1
1. From the Windows desktop, click Start-->Run... In the Run dialog, type
regedit, then click OK. This will launch the registry editor.

2. Navigate to the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\
Control\
BackupRestore\
FilesNotToBackup

3. In the right-hand pane of the registry editor, locate DRM. Right-click
on DRM and select Modify from the pop-up menu (alternatively, double-click
on DRM). The Edit Multi-String dialog will appear. Below is an example of
this dialog: <graphic omitted - only shows the DRM key value>

4. Do not change anything in the Value data window. Just click OK. Then
select the File-->Exit menu item to close regedit.

The last statement puzzles us.   Basically, once you navigate to this
registry key, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ???????

How exactly does this fix anything ????????