ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating TSM Server from Windows to Linux

2007-12-07 23:28:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating TSM Server from Windows to Linux
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 23:27:39 -0500
There is also no guarantee that you can export/import from 5.2 to 5.5.
It "ought" to work, but there have been issues in the past with
export/import across server release levels.

The upgrade from Windows 5.2 to 5.4.1 is fast and easy (haven't tried 5.5).
I recommend you do the upgrade in place, THEN start your export/imports.  It
will avoid problems.  .