ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8314E Library is Full Error

2007-12-06 14:44:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANR8314E Library is Full Error
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:44:16 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Maura Adams
> Thanks for the info.  I just heard back from IBM support and because
our
> second frame to the library was added after our original install, TSM
> does not see it.  We need to take an outage and delete/define all
paths,
> library, drives and check all tapes back in.  A little bit ugly.

Not ugly at all, and no outage is required if you do this at night,
since tape drives are usually quiet during that time anyway.

Write a batch file that does the following:

        delete path (all tape drives)
        delete path (for library)
        delete drive (all tape drives)
        delete library (library)
        define library
        define path (for library)
        define drive (all tape drives)
        define path (all tape drives)
        checkin libv (library) search=yes status=scratch checkl=barcode
        checkin libv (library) search=yes status=private checkl=barcode

Call the batch file "library_redo". Run the file as a macro.

This should all run within a minute or two. Do it while all tape drives
are quiet.

--
Mark Stapleton
Berbee (a CDW company)