ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] moving solaris tsm-server from sparc to x86 ?

2007-12-04 21:35:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] moving solaris tsm-server from sparc to x86 ?
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:48:05 +0100
Hi All,

our tsm-server (tsm 5.3.6.0)  is currently running on a sparc machine
and we use a 3494-library with 3592/3592e drives.
Now we want to move the server to a new x86 machine also running solaris10.
I simply may try it with some test-server ... but maybe someone has done
this already and can share the expirience ?

My Idea would be somehow as described in the section 'moving the server
on another machine with the same operating-system'
I don't want to export all the tapes - just a 'restore db' would be
really okay - We are a bit unsure because of the byte-swap on x86
but the tsm-server might handle this at the time of the restore-db ?
It may be even possible to plug in the tsmdb-raid from the sparc
onto the x86 system ?

Thanks a lot for any hints !
Rainer

Rainer Wolf                          eMail:       rainer.wolf AT uni-ulm DOT de
kiz - Abt. Infrastruktur           Tel/Fax:      ++49 731 50-22482/22471
Universitaet Ulm                     wwweb:        http://kiz.uni-ulm.de