ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Windows TSM server upgrade advice

2007-11-21 11:29:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] Windows TSM server upgrade advice
From: Chris McKay <Chris.McKay AT YCDSB DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:27:30 -0500
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice if possible on upgrading a Windows TSM server. The
current server is built on Windows 2000, running TSM version 5.3. I have very
limited system partition space available (approx 2GB free), which houses the OS
and TSM server
files. I would like to upgrade the OS to Windows 2003 server, and also upgrade
the version of TSM to version 5.5. I am a little concerned with the space
available on the system partition, as most likely it would be easier to upgrade
the OS first, then
upgrade the version of TSM after. I have a second TSM server that is also at
level 5.3, but on a Windows 2003 OS.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Take care,

Chris