ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM API error

2007-10-26 15:42:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM API error
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:41:06 -0400
Thank you Neil,
      You are right, I found out somehow there are two baclient under the
same C: drive but under different folder tree. I will investigate some
more. Thank you for your insight.

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
(860)862-8164
(cell) (860)961-6976

             Neil Rasmussen
             <rasmussn AT US DOT IBM.
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [ADSM-L] TSM API error

             10/26/2007 11:30
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hello Avy,

rc 106 means that your Error Log is not writable by the current
application...meaning that, if one already exists it was probably created
by root and the Application using the API is a non-root user, or the Error
Log is not created yet but your Application using the API does not have
write permission to the directory where you Error Log is trying to be
created.

Regards,

Neil Rasmussen
IBM Corporation
Almaden Research Center
650 Harry Road
San Jose, CA 95120-6099
Phone: 408.927.2206 (T/L: 457-2206)
rasmussn AT us.ibm DOT com

Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
10/25/2007 12:45 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
TSM API error

Hello,

        I encounter error, " Error: 9 establishing TSM API session .
Unknown TSM API error. " when I update/reinstall TSM scheduler. The
services kicks off on the client side no problem, but  when I kick off a
session from the TSM server to NodeXXX, there is no response. I see
"new_ImageObject plugin could not be initialized rc 106," error in the
dsmerror.log. Before I go and do a reboot, I thought I'll ask around to
see
if anyone has the same problem before and if there is a fix for that. Many
thanks.

dsmerror.log:
10/25/2007 14:26:33 ANS1814E Unable to start the scheduled event
'0200_SQL_AMBK'
10/25/2007 14:26:33 ANS1815E Either the window has elapsed or the schedule
has been deleted
10/25/2007 14:28:33 ANS1909E The scheduled command failed.
10/25/2007 14:28:33 ANS1512E Scheduled event '0200_SQL_AMBK' failed.
Return code = 1.
10/25/2007 14:32:36 new_ImageObject: plugin could not be initialized rc
106