ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Scheduling a full archive of data once/month

2007-10-23 09:01:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Scheduling a full archive of data once/month
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:59:47 -0400
Hello everyone,

After going through all info. on the command and in looking at the 2
servers I would like to archive with this schedule I was wondering if I
have the syntax correct if I would want the schedule it to run on the
first Saturday of every month at 1 AM and use management class arc2555 and
archive ALL data on each nodes that is in the hmig domain:

define schedule hmig monthly_archive action=archive options='-subdir=yes
-archmc=arc2555' objects='"system state" "system services" asr "\\*\c$"
\\*\d$" "\\*e\$"' startd=11/03/2007 startt=01:00 duration=1 duru=hours
scheds=enhanced week=first day=Saturday expiration=never

Or do I have this completely wrong?  Thanks again!

Node Name   Type  Filespace    FSID  Storage     Number of   Physical
Logical
                  Name               Pool Name       Files      Space
Space
                                                             Occupied
Occupied
                                                                 (MB)
(MB)
----------  ----  ----------  -----  ----------  ---------  ---------
---------
CEPROD      Bkup  SYSTEM          1  CDLA_WIND       6,127   1,317.44
1,317.44
                   STATE              OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  SYSTEM          1  COPY_WIND       6,138   1,345.48
1,345.48
                   STATE              OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  SYSTEM          1  WINDOWS            11      28.05
28.05
                   STATE
CEPROD      Bkup  SYSTEM          2  CDLA_WIND         160   1,178.72
1,178.72
                   SERVICES           OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  SYSTEM          2  COPY_WIND         180   1,326.59
1,326.59
                   SERVICES           OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  SYSTEM          2  WINDOWS            20     147.91
147.91
                   SERVICES
CEPROD      Bkup  \\ceprod\       3  CDLA_WIND      43,117   7,538.64
7,197.77
                   c$                 OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  \\ceprod\       3  COPY_WIND      43,255   8,910.12
7,330.71
                   c$                 OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  \\ceprod\       3  WINDOWS           138     132.82
132.82
                   c$
CEPROD      Bkup  \\ceprod\       4  CDLA_WIND          12  23,318.48
23,318.48
                   e$                 OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  \\ceprod\       4  COPY_WIND          12  23,318.48
23,318.48
                   e$                 OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  ASR             5  CDLA_WIND          42       0.36
0.36
                                      OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  ASR             5  COPY_WIND          47       0.40
0.40
                                      OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  ASR             5  WINDOWS             5       0.05
0.05
CEPROD      Bkup  \\ceprod\       6  CDLA_WIND     388,527  21,761.04
21,636.41
                   d$                 OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  \\ceprod\       6  COPY_WIND     389,816  22,227.84
21,908.65
                   d$                 OWS
CEPROD      Bkup  \\ceprod\       6  WINDOWS         1,289     272.29
272.29
                   d$

Node Name   Type  Filespace    FSID  Storage     Number of   Physical
Logical
                  Name               Pool Name       Files      Space
Space
                                                             Occupied
Occupied
                                                                 (MB)
(MB)
----------  ----  ----------  -----  ----------  ---------  ---------
---------
LETTERSP    Bkup  SYSTEM          1  CDLA_WIND       9,037   1,870.47
1,870.47
                   STATE              OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  SYSTEM          1  COPY_WIND       9,048   1,901.26
1,901.26
                   STATE              OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  SYSTEM          1  WINDOWS            11      30.81
30.81
                   STATE
LETTERSP    Bkup  SYSTEM          2  CDLA_WIND         160     779.51
779.51
                   SERVICES           OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  SYSTEM          2  COPY_WIND         180     885.03
885.03
                   SERVICES           OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  SYSTEM          2  WINDOWS            20     105.55
105.55
                   SERVICES
LETTERSP    Bkup  \\letters       3  CDLA_WIND     157,130  11,505.19
11,024.20
                   p\d$               OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  \\letters       3  COPY_WIND     157,385  12,040.86
11,081.24
                   p\d$               OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  \\letters       3  WINDOWS           255      57.00
57.00
                   p\d$
LETTERSP    Bkup  ASR             4  CDLA_WIND          42       0.36
0.36
                                      OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  ASR             4  COPY_WIND          47       0.40
0.40
                                      OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  ASR             4  WINDOWS             5       0.05
0.05
LETTERSP    Bkup  \\letters       5  CDLA_WIND      44,318   7,643.96
7,092.39
                   p\c$               OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  \\letters       5  COPY_WIND      44,413   8,319.43
7,184.66
                   p\c$               OWS
LETTERSP    Bkup  \\letters       5  WINDOWS            95      92.22
92.22
                   p\c$

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

"William Boyer" <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
10/22/2007 01:57 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Scheduling a full archive of data once/month

I do not believe that the DOMAIN option is valid for the ARCHIVE function.
The description for DOMAIN is the drives to be included
for incremental backup processing. For ARCHIVE you have to specify what
you want processed in the OBJECTS= parameter for the
schedule. ARCHIVE also does not process your systemobject, system services
or system state objects. If you want to use a schedule
and ARCHIVE for everything, you'll need to specify each drive in a
separate schedule for each node. OBJECT='C:\* D:\*'for example.
It is not dynamic in that if the admin adds a drive, you will need to
adjust the schedule to include the new drive.

Bill Boyer
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool." - Murphy