ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exchange 2007

2007-10-15 12:41:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2007
From: "Verhelst, Luc" <Luc.Verhelst AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:40:30 +0200
Hi all,

We are currently testing the backup of an Exchange Cluster 2007 that is
running on a Windows 2003 server R2.

In order to backup the Exchange we need to make sure that the <vshadow>
command is working and that is not the case.

Has anyone of you see this error:

C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft\VSSSDK72\TestApps\vshadow\bin\release-server>vshadow c:

VSHADOW.EXE 2.2 - Volume Shadow Copy sample client

Copyright (C) 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

(Option: Create shadow copy set)

(Gathering writer metadata...)

(Waiting for the asynchronous operation to finish...)

Error during the last asynchronous operation.

- Returned HRESULT = 0x80042318

- Error text: VSS_E_WRITER_INFRASTRUCTURE

- Please re-run VSHADOW.EXE with the /tracing option to get more details

It's the intention that in the future we will install TSM 5.5 that will
backup Exchange 2007.  Release Q4 2007.

Regards,
Luc

Managed Services Unix
Da Vincilaan 5 - Corporate Village
B-1930 Zaventem

Phone: +32 (0)2 690 27 66
Fax: +32 (0)2 690 27 82
GSM: +32 (0)474 98 24 25
e-mail: luc.verhelst AT atosorigin DOT com