ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Difference after ddbackup to disk between volhist entry and created db file

2007-10-04 06:08:36
Subject: [ADSM-L] Difference after ddbackup to disk between volhist entry and created db file
From: Oscar Kolsteren <Oscar.Kolsteren AT INGDIRECT.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:04:14 +0100
Hi all,

Anyone seen this?

Every evening an incremental backup is made to devclass=fileclass which
goes to /tsm/tmpdb/.

If I look in the volhist, the entry looks like this;

Date

Volume

Type

Dev. class

Backup ser.

Backup oper.

01/10/2007 20:00

/tsm/tmpdb/91265240.DBB

BACKUPINCR

FILECLASS

1290

1

02/10/2007 20:00

/tsm/tmpdb/91351639.DBB

BACKUPINCR

FILECLASS

1290

2

03/10/2007 15:14

/tsm/tmpdb/91420883.DBB

BACKUPINCR

FILECLASS

1290

3

03/10/2007 20:00

/tsm/tmpdb/91438030.DBB

BACKUPINCR

FILECLASS

1290

4

If I look on filelevel;

-rw-------   1 root     system   2197256337 01 Oct 20:16 91265240.dbb

-rw-------   1 root     system   2014266560 02 Oct 20:13 91351639.dbb

-rw-------   1 root     system   6071984863 03 Oct 15:49 91420883.dbb

-rw-------   1 root     system   3391532603 03 Oct 20:12 91438030.dbb

Because of the mismatch of lowercase and uppercase extension (.DBB or
.dbb) I still have to make manual adjustments in the volhist before I do
a restore.

I'm running TSM (5.4.1.1) on Aix 5.3

Is there on option which can be adjusted?

Thanks,

Oscar Kolsteren

UNIX / TSM Administrator | ING Direct
410 Thames Valley Park Drive, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1RH
Tel: 0118 938 1990 l Email: Oscar.kolsteren AT ingdirect.co DOT uk
<mailto:[email protected] AT ingdirect.co DOT uk>

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential,
and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by
mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the
sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known. If this message
contains password-protected or encrypted attachments, the files have NOT been
scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain. Always scan attachments before
opening them.

ING Direct NV is limited liability company incorporated in The Netherlands.
Registered in England & Wales, Branch Ref BR7357, 410 Thames Valley Park Drive,
Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1RH.