ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] LTO4 IBMtape driver Linux

2007-10-03 15:34:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] LTO4 IBMtape driver Linux
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 21:31:08 +0200
Hello,

Is anybody on the list already using LTO4 drives on Linux? Which driver are you
using then?

 We are about to receive some LTO4 drives next week and the latest atape driver
on AIX supports LTO4 explicitly. However the latest IBMtape driver on Linux
doesn’t mention anything about LTO4. So I’m wondering if it is already
supported. The TSM website tells it is supported as long as you use the IBMtape
driver, but no specific version is mentioned.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or experience with LTO4 tape drives.

Best regards,

Kurt

*** Disclaimer ***

Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep