ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How do I determine session statistics for client events

2007-10-01 17:49:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] How do I determine session statistics for client events
From: Lucia Burke <Lucia.Burke AT SHARP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:47:02 -0700
Hello -

I am trying to determine the "query" or "select" command which will
report detailed statistics for client events.
I have a report containing data returned from "query event * *
begind=today-1"  I assumed that the "last session" details reported by
the "query node" command was reporting statistics for the client event
sessions, but now I am not sure. I compared the activity log ANR4961I
message "total bytes transferred" for the session to the "q node" to the
"bytes" in the "summary" table for the node and to the "last session
bytes received" for the node. The  ANR4961I message "total bytes
transferred" matches the "bytes" in the "summary" table, but the "last
session bytes received" from "query node" is different.
What type of session populates these "last session" fields reported by
the "query node"?

How might I capture client event session statistics similar to the "last
session" statistics reported by "q node node-name f=d" command?

Thanks,

Lucia

Lucia Burke
Senior Systems Analyst/ Programmer