ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM v5.4.1 crashing

2007-09-29 06:55:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM v5.4.1 crashing
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 06:53:19 -0400
Hi Everyone.

About a month ago we upgraded our TSM instances from V5.3.5 to v5.4.1.
Since then we have had sporadic crashes.  An instance will core dump.
The TSM activity long shows nothing unusual before the crash.  The
AIX (v5.3ml5) errpt shows the core dump (software abnormally
terminated), but no indication of any hdwr errors of any kind. We
have multiple instances on the same lpar, and a couple times both
instances core dumped within 30 min of each other.  It's like
TSM is reacting to something in AIX.   We are working with
support on this, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has
had seen this.  One core dump that support analyzed, they think
the dump might be related to a SAN event and/or SAN Discovery.
No SAN events occurred that we can see.

Just thought I see if anyone else has seen something like this.

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.