ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library slot count manipulation in TSM

2007-09-29 03:59:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library slot count manipulation in TSM
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:56:51 +0200
Hi,

After adding slots to the library, a simple restart of TSM will detect
the new slots. See the thread I've opened a while ago with the same
question:

http://adsm.org/lists/html/ADSM-L/2007-08/msg00027.html

A week ago, I've added again 400 slots to our tape library and they were
detected after the restart of TSM (the software, not the server).

Regards,
Kurt

Of
> Bell, Charles (Chip)
> Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 2:39 PM
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: [ADSM-L] Library slot count manipulation in TSM
>

> How does TSM know how many slots are available, say, from the output
of
> the 'show slots' command below? I have a Sepaton VTL, and I would like
> to expand the slot count from the Sepaton side from 400 to 1000. What
> could I do from the TSM side to see the 1000 slots and not have to
> delete drives/paths/library definitions for the library (3584_vtl1)
> shown below? Reboot the TSM server? Perhaps just an audit library? It
> would great to not even have to reboot the TSM server, but we can if
> necessary. It's less of a pain than rebuilding the library environment
> from the TSM side.
>

> tsm: TSM>show slots 3584_vtl1
>
> PVR slot information for library 3584_VTL1.
>
> Library          : 3584_VTL1
>
> Product Id       : 03584L32
>
> Support module   : 4
>
> Mount count      : 1
>
> Drives           : 16
>
> Slots            : 400
>
> Changers         : 1
>
> Import/Exports   : 32
>

> God bless you!!!
>
> Chip Bell
> Network Engineer I
> IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional
> Baptist Health System
> Birmingham, AL

> Confidentiality Notice:
> The information contained in this email message is privileged and
> confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual
> or entity named in the address. If you are not the intended recipient,
> you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying
> of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this
> information in error, please notify the sender and delete this
> information from your computer and retain no copies of any of this
> information.
*** Disclaimer ***

Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep
Auguste Reyerslaan 52, 1043 Brussel