ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tivoli SQL Server 2000 Restore Question*

2007-09-28 14:24:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tivoli SQL Server 2000 Restore Question*
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:22:18 -0400
Default *SQL Server 2000 Restore Question*
I am restoring a SQL Server 2000 from scratch. The server has been built
and SQL has been installed and service packed to the appropriate level.

I am ready to restore the databases now to the fresh installation of SQL
Server. Is this the correct procedure when only the default databases exist?

Start SQL in single user mode. Restore Master database.

Start SQL in multi user mode and restore msdb and model.

Restore the database files?

Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance!

TSM 5.3
Windows 2000 advance server
TDP 5.2.4
Tivoli Client 5.3.4