ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Postschedulecmd exiting with non-zero return code should fail backup schedule

2007-09-28 11:09:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Postschedulecmd exiting with non-zero return code should fail backup schedule
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:05:52 -0600
If POSTSCHEDULECMD fails, the schedule shows up as COMPLETED with RC 8,
not FAILED. In general (excepting schedules with ACTION=COMMAND) RCs 0, 4,
and 8 are considered "Completed" (successful), and RC 12 is "Failed"
(failed).

Chapter 7 in the client manual describes RC 8 thus:

"The operation completed with at least one warning message. For scheduled
events, the status will be Completed. "

By design, a POSTSCHEDULECMD operation that fails does not cause the
scheduled event to fail. But you can still tell if it didn't work by
checking not only the status, but the return code.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/28/2007
07:55:40 AM: