ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ITDT and library microcode updates

2007-09-27 23:52:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] ITDT and library microcode updates
From: Steven Harris <sjharris AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:28:50 +1000
Hi All

I'm doing microcode updates from AIX on several tape libraries during the
coming weeks, and I've just done the first one on a TS3500/3584.

Using the tapeutil tool's "tape drive service aids"  (because there is no
ethernet connection to the library - I know!) the library upgrade took 25
minutes to download its 6 or so megabytes.  I then used the ITDT tool to
update the drives and that only took a few minutes for each.

I don't have the luxury of a test environment.  Has anyone tried to use the
ITDT tool to upgrade their *library* microcode, and if it worked, was it
any faster than the other way?

Thanks

Steve.

Steve Harris