ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Help - Offsite tape ejection failed

2007-09-20 20:39:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Help - Offsite tape ejection failed
From: Bob Booth <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:37:29 -0500
On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 04:31:46PM -0700, Jon Adams wrote:
> One of our Operations folk had the CAP open while the library was trying
> to eject offsite tapes and it seemed to have failed.  Now, we have no
> offsite tapes, so I am trying to find out how to identify the offsite
> tapes for manual removal (if I have to).  Can someone get me going in
> the right direction?  I am only backing up someone who's on vacation,
> but I have all the rights to be very dangerous - just not the knowledge.

There is a lot that needs to be asked here, but lets keep it simple.

What I would do, is look in the activity log at the time in question, to see
if you admin runs a script, issues a 'DRM' command, etc to move the tapes,
then repeat that operation.

Moving the tapes around without issuing the commands that your site uses
could leave you in a world of hurt.  Investigate first, and if you need
further assistance, feel free to contact me offline.

bob