ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Unable to backup default SQL instance

2007-09-13 15:04:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] Unable to backup default SQL instance
From: Sean Peterson <SPeterson AT VALLEYFIRST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:45:17 -0700
I have a Win2k3 server with 2 instances of SQL 2005. I am unable to backup the
default instance, but I can backup the named instance without error.

When I attempt to backup the default, I get the error ACO5402E - Virtual Device
Set could not be created.

There is no entry in the vdi.log file on the server. And the fact that the
named instance works, leads me to believe it is not the sqlvdi.dll as mentioned
in some other posts regarding the Virtual Device Set error.