ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Strange Windows Cluster Backuo Behaviour

2007-09-12 13:23:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] Strange Windows Cluster Backuo Behaviour
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:21:47 -0400
Hi *,

We have been running TSM backups for a while now in a Windows clustered
environment. We are running into a problem and it appears a whole volume has
what seems like a full incremental backup being taken when it shouldbe an
incremental. IBM has confirmed that if you enale Microsoft security on a volume
that TSM will see that whole volume as new and a full incremental will occur (
this happened to us over the weekend on two volumes ). However, another
unrelated volume had a full incremental backup last night even though we did a
first full incremenatal a month ago and TSM has been doing incremental backups
ever since. The Microsoft  security was NOT enabled on this volume. Does anyone
know what can cause this behaviour ?

TSM 5.3.3.0 on AIX 5.2 ML9

Rich