ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Request advice on moving from IBM 3494 Library

2007-09-11 17:31:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Request advice on moving from IBM 3494 Library
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:28:56 -0600
To echo that, used 3494 tape libraries are going for cheap these days.
We recently bought a used one that had 7 frames and 5 new TS1120 tape
drives for under 100K. That's somewhere between 660TB and 1.8PB for
$100K.

For this case where we have about 8TB a day of seldom accessed archives
that we have to keep for 2 years, it's a cost/GB that couldn't be beat.