ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Netware restore requirement question

2007-09-11 13:06:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Netware restore requirement question
From: Kevin Boatright <boatrke1 AT MEMORIALHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:03:59 -0400
 Novell has a "Server Consolidation Utility" that allows you to move data from
old servers to newer ones.  It's a free download.

We attempted to preform a backup and restore and ran into issues with the
volume sizes being different.

Kevin

>>> William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET> 09/11/07 12:52 PM >>>
We have a client with a couple old Netware 4.11 servers running TSM client
4.2.3.0. These nodes will be "retired" and the hardware
will go away. But there is a requirement to keep the data for possible future
restores. We were thinking of installing a newer
version of Netware as a VMware virtual machine using a newer supported client.
The current 4.11 filespaces are all NTW:LONG. Can we
restore (using either FROMNODE or VIRTUALNODENAME) from the old 4.11 node's
data to this new node? What are the compatibility, or
more specific the INcompatibilities in doing restores across Netware releases.

Bill Boyer
>Select * from USERS where CLUE>0
0 rows returned