ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Server Error

2007-09-08 10:42:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Server Error
From: Bob Booth <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 09:40:18 -0500
On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 02:05:53PM +0200, adrian_compton wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Has anyone experienced this error before. I have ran a dsmserv auditdb
>
> fix=yes logmode=normal, but still have the server core dumping now and
>
> then

Please give us more information about your server, such as platform, level,
attachments, etc.

Where you instructed to perform the audit by IBM support?  Where you having
these same problems before you performed the audit?  Did you also do a
dumpdb/loaddb before the audit?  Did the audit call out any problems?

There may be something in activity log just before the abort, that may lead
you to what operation is causing the problems, and you can also turn on
contextmessaging 'SET CONTEXTMESSAGING' on the server to get more info.

Most internal errors are due to database corruption, in some cases IBM support
can help you do some surgery to fix the problems, or tell you to perform
a dump/load/audit.  Since you did the audit, there may have been something
that the audit did not fix, or something has caused the corruption to
come back.

bob

> 09/07/2007 16:21:45  ANR7838S Server operation terminated.
> 09/07/2007 16:21:45  ANR7837S Internal error TBUTIL010 detected.
> 09/07/2007 16:21:45  ANR7833S Server thread 1 terminated in response to
> program abort.
> 09/07/2007 16:21:45  ANR7833S Server thread 2 terminated in response to
> program abort.

<snip>