ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Export server and creation of new server

2007-09-07 12:57:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] Export server and creation of new server
From: CAYE PIERRE <Pierre.Caye AT ALCATEL-LUCENT DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 18:54:49 +0200
I am studying creation of a new TSM instance, based on an existing
instance.

Maybe it can be a trivial question but what happend when, running an
export server in a server-to-server configuration, I have to restart the
export ?
Did import of datas restart from the beginning too ? Did target server
check existing datas and import only unknown (ie not existing) and
eligible datas ? Or what ?

An other point is, new TSM instane is created, configurations are
exported first running an export server, then backup activities are
started on the new server, instead of the old one, then an export server
filedata=something_different_than_none is launched.
What happend if import data run at the same time than backups ?

Other point (I have lot of questions ins't it ?) :
I wish to transfer datas from one server to an other one. I want to use
export directly to the target (export [server or node] toserver=xxx).
How can I configure all that to be able to do direct tape to tape
transfer ?
Is it possible ? Am I obliged to make export to sequential media on the
target server (using lib. Sharing and the ad-hoc devclass) ? Or is
something else possible ?

Pierre