ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] tsm window cluster services manual or automatic.

2007-09-04 11:30:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] tsm window cluster services manual or automatic.
From: Gary Osullivan <gary.osullivan AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:28:02 -0400
hi

We have successfully installed tsm client 5.3.3 on a windows cluster
environment + it is going well except for one small scheduling issue.

I set the tsm service(s).... "client acceptor", tsm scheduler service"....
startup type="MANUAL" for all the cluster nodes.

For the purpose of failover I thought this was the way to go.

 EXAMPLE:

 Client machine#1 goes down for x reason the resources shift to one of the
other available nodes in the cluster.

My schedule will run on the node that currently has the resource assigned.

PROBLEM:

If we are installing window patches + we reboot a node (the tsm schedule
services are not automatically restarted, We end up with missed schedule.

Can we run tsm window cluster backups with all the nodes (physical, virtual)
TSM services running in "automatic" mode ? (what is the negative).

ps: I'm using schedmode = prompted

Gary